- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 cups of grated pumpkin or butternut squash
- 1 packet (500 grams) of short pasta (penne, fussily, farfale, etc)
- ½ cup white, dry wine
- 4 cups hot water
- 1 cube of chicken stock
- A pinch of chili powder (optional)
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- 100 grams of blue cheese coarsely chopped
Put a large pot on high heat. Warm the olive oil and cook the onion, the garlic and the pumpkin for 3 minutes. Add the pasta, the cube of chicken stock, the wine, the hot water and the spices. Season with salt and pepper and continue cooking. When it comes to boil, it needs approximately another 8-9 minutes until the pasta is properly cooked. Don’t forget to stir the pasta occasionally. If required, add some more hot water.
Remove the pot from the heat, add the blue cheese and stir the pasta. Cover the pot with its lid and let it settle for about 10 minutes.
Serve with grated parmesan cheese and crispy bacon (optional).