- 500 grams of squid, sliced
- 500 grams of orzo
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- ½ teacup of olive oil
- ¼ teacup of ouzo
- 1 cube of vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- Hot water
Place a deep pan on medium to high heat and put the olive oil. Add the onion and the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the squid and cook for another 2 minutes.
Add the ouzo, the orzo and the cube of vegetable stock.
Lower the heat to medium and add the tomato paste and hot water enough to cover the orzo. Season, with salt and pepper. Continue shimmering, stirring occasionally, until the orzo is cooked. If required, add more hot water.
If desired, sprinkle with chopped, fresh parsley and serve.