- 250 grams of parboiled rice
- 600 grams of water
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 large tomato cut into small cubes
- 1 cucumber cut into small cubes
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 teacup black olives without pits
- 200 grams of feta cheese or white cheese cut into small cubes
- For the dressing
- 1/2 teacup of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
Cook the rice into boiling water, seasoned with salt. Add a tablespoon of olive oil in the boiling water.
In a large bowl, put the cooked rice, add the tomato, the cucumber, the green pepper, the onion, the feta cheese, and the olives. Season with salt and mix all ingredients well.
In a jar, shake well the olive oil with the balsamic vinegar in order to have a smooth dressing. Pour the dressing onto the salad and mix it well. Season with some oregano and serve.