- 2 cups grated butternut squash
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- ¼ cup of water
- ½ teaspoon grounded ginger
- A bit of salt
- 500 grams of short pasta (fussily, farfale, etc)
- ¼ cup of butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ cup of Greek, strained yogurt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup of water (save some of the water in which you cooked the pasta)
In a non-stick pan, put the olive oil, the grated butternut squash, the grounded ginger, the water and a pinch of salt. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes to soften the butternut squash.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package instructions and strain (save some water for the creamy sauce).
In a deep pan put the butter to melt over high heat. Once melted, add the flour and mix well. Add the milk, the yogurt, the garlic powder and a pinch of salt. Lower the heat to medium. Simmer, stirring frequently, until the sauce starts to thicken. Then add the grated cheddar and the water that you have saved and stir mildly until the cheese is completely melted.
Finally, add the butternut squash and the cooked pasta. Toss well and serve immediately!